Major food & beverage Distribution Company, located in Miami, has a vacancy for an AR lead position in our credit department. This role processes and monitors incoming payments, verifying and posting receipts and provides overall administrative support to the Accounting Manager.
- Will work independently and across departments, especially Sales, Pricing and Warehouse
- Participates in day to day accounting activities, such as; cash applications (ACH, Checks & Wires), prepares daily bank deposits, responding to customer and broker inquiries.
- Prepares weekly report of A/R Aging to management.
- Routinely reconciles customer portal to internal records.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, pricing, shipping/warehouse, and from customers.
- Submits claims by obtaining and investigating information from sales, pricing, shipping/warehouse, and from customers.
- Resolves valid deductions with authorization of a supervisor.
- Communicates regularly with Sales team on credit status of any overdue customers.
- Sending customers statements to remind them of any past due invoices or prepayments/deposits, and escalating to management if not receiving a timely response.
- Ensure customers are getting their invoices sent to them timely (email, EDI, portal, etc.)
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Communicates to customers by phone in order to expediate payment of invoices and prepayment orders due.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or higher in finance or accounting
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, and experience posting and managing accounting metrics.
- 3 -5 years’ experience in a similar A/R role at a Wholesale company.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in customer service negotiation and communication.
- Data entry skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- 5 years’ experience using ERP A/R software and EDI.
- Advanced skills in Excel
Local candidates only, no relocation packages, visa’s or sponsorships being offered.
Salary commensurate based on experience.