Iberia Foods Corp., is a leading food and beverage distributor within the U.S. Hispanic and Caribbean markets. Our distribution company is looking for a Accounting Manager. The position is a hands-on role to handle all A/R, A/P, and cost and inventory controls.
- Active presence during inventory times.
- Provide management with daily, weekly and monthly reports to drive business results.
- Responsible for month close entries, balance sheet reconciliations and FS preparation for tasked divisions.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll for tasked divisions.
- Manage some other aspects of Accounting: account payables and receivables, budgeting, tax compliance, inventory, cost accounting, other projects, etc.
- Provide senior management with timely details of the company’s overall financial health outlining potential risk.
- Forecasting and financial analysis.
- Preparation of annual budget
- Insurance and Insurance renewals for tasked divisions.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax returns and completion of annual audit requirements for tasked divisions.
- Assist in annual physical inventory for tasked divisions.
- Lead, train and fill in gaps for divisional accounting staff.
- Enforce staff compliance of company internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Use measurement and reporting to drive business goals such as cost reduction initiatives, working capital management, and return on capital employed to ensure that they are adequately measured, managed and achieved.
- Thorough understanding of cost and inventory, warehousing and related logistics.
- Installs financial and operational controls to minimize risk, and assure consistent reporting of operational performance.
- Ability to benchmark internal operations / develop metrics.
- This is a hands-on role in a cost focused business / must have presence and be able to make it happen.
- Must have experience in A/R, A/P, Commissions, closing the books, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum B.S. in Accounting. MBA/CPA candidate a plus.
- Minimum of 5-8 years prior accounting experience in distribution / manufacturing preferred.
- Detailed oriented and be able to investigate cost variances.
- Problem solver and have the ability to multitask, as well as enhance policies and controls throughout the company and to identify potential risks in a timely manner.
- Must be able to model.
- Understanding of business law, service agreements and union agreements.
- Conscientious about timelines of assignments & quality of work product required.
- DSD experience preferred.
- Knowledge of ERP and WMS systems and experience with implementing ERP systems.
- Advanced level of proficiency in Excel spreadsheets (Pivot Tables / VLookups)
- Must be multi-faceted and have ability to concentrate on number of priorities at once.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills, high energy, initiative and creativity.
- Travel to other locations for 2 days out of the workweek is required.
- Wholesale experience in a $30M business preferred.
- Must be assertive (Used to being close to the operation).
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits, including medical and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacations & Holidays