Iberia Foods Corp., is a leading food and beverage distributor within the U.S. Hispanic and Caribbean markets. Our distribution company is looking for an Accounts Receivables Lead. This role processes and monitors incoming payments, verifying and posting receipts and provides overall administrative support to the Accounting Supervisor.
- Will work independently and across departments, especially Sales, Pricing and Warehouse
- Participates in day to day accounting activities, such as; cash applications (ACH, Checks & Wires), prepares daily bank deposits, responding to customer and broker inquiries.
- Prepares weekly report of A/R Aging to management.
- Routinely reconciles customer portal to internal records.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, pricing, shipping/warehouse, and from customers.
- Submits claims by obtaining and investigating information from sales, pricing, shipping/warehouse, and from customers.
- Resolves valid deductions with authorization of a supervisor.
- Communicates regularly with Sales team on credit status of any overdue customers.
- Sending customers statements to remind them of any past due invoices or prepayments/deposits, and escalating to management if not receiving a timely response.
- Ensure customers are getting their invoices sent to them timely (email, EDI, portal, etc.)
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Communicates to customers by phone in order to expediate payment of invoices and prepayment orders due.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or higher in finance or accounting
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, and experience posting and managing accounting metrics.
- 3 -5 years’ experience in a similar A/R role at a Wholesale company.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in customer service negotiation and communication.
- Data entry skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- 5 years’ experience using ERP A/R software and EDI.
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits, including medical and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacations & Holidays