Expanding Food and Beverage Distributor, seeks experienced Food Safety Manager for their Miami, FL location. Provide leadership to Quality and Food Safety Department at Miami location. Be responsible for overseen and executing the quality and food safety programs for company policies. This includes but is not limited to ensuring we are meeting all food safety requirement and regulations, product specifications, ingredient specifications, customer specifications, new product start up and evaluation, technical information gathering, of new QA programs and modifying current QA and Food Safety/HACCP programs from raw material receiving through shipping of finished goods.
Directly supervise and responsible for QA Supervisor and HACCP/Food Safety Coordinator and indirect supervision of QA Assistant Supervisors, QA Technicians in the Quality Department. Carries out indirect supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; assisting in appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure that the HAACP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) programs are maintained and updated as need with the assistance the HACCP/Food Safety Coordinator and the direction of the Corporate Director of Food Safety.
- Implementation of company quality program and sanitation systems (including SSOPs). Ensure adherence to approved programs to assure food safety and product quality and that we are meeting all USDA regulations.
- The lead person for all third-party audits at the facility, with managing, maintaining and prepare QA and Food Safety documentation needed for third-part audits.
- Manage and maintain label approval records for items produced at the plant location.
- Work with Corporate food Safety team, Technical Service Manager, corporate QA team and indirect purchasing to maintain all necessary product information (i.e. spec, allergen info, nutritional info, ingredient formulations)
- Distribute new product information and specifications to all appropriate departmental personnel.
- Strong quality review involvement in the initial production runs of new items
- Maintain quality incident reports and total involvement on follow-up for product issues out of assigned processing facility.
- Maintaining, manage and developing product specifications for customers, with direction through Corporate QA and R&D team.
- Gather technical information when needed internally or for customers.
- Maintain raw material inspection programs including raw material specifications.
- Conduct shelf life studies as necessary with products produced.
- Promote and execute policies, procedures and quality training programs to be implemented throughout the plant.
- Perform other quality, food safety and operations duties as required by corporate management for the facility.
Education and Experience:
- S. Degree or related field
- A minimum of five years general QA and/or Food Safety experience in food or beverage manufacturing industry.
- A minimum of three years QA and Food Safety Management experience is required.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
- HACCP Certified
- Food Safety and Handling certifications
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work well with others
- Have very good organization, presentation and communication skills.
- Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner and under time constraints.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a high level, in which to communicate with fellow workers, Supervisors, inspectors and customers.