Iberia Foods Corp., manufacturer, importer and distributor of Hispanic, Caribbean and other Specialty Foods and Beverages is currently hiring for N.E. Financial Controller.
- Provide management with daily, weekly and monthly reports to drive business results.
- Manage all aspects of accounting; billing, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, projects.
- Provide management with timely details of the company’s overall financial health outlining potential risk – PnL reporting.
- Prepare and communicate weekly, monthly and annual financial reporting
- Contribute to the company’s strategic planning and implementation
- Forecasting and financial analysis
- Preparation of annual budget
- Insurance and Insurance Renewals for tasked divisions
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax return for tasked divisions
- Lead and train and fill in gaps for divisional accounting staff
- Enforce staff compliance of company internal controls, policies and procedures
- Use measurement and reporting to drive business goals such as cost reduction initiatives, working capital management, and return on capital employed to ensure that they are adequately measured, managed and achieved.
- Use measurement and reporting to drive excess expense and capital out of the business.
- Problem solver and have the ability to multitask, as well as enhance policies and controls throughout the company and to identify potential risks in a timely manner
- Thorough understanding of the reality of the distribution operations (walk the floor).
- Thorough understanding of cost and inventory, warehousing and related logistics
- Thorough understanding of risk management, risk transfer and insurance
- Should keep the score and communicate in all directions.
- Will provide direction to Warehouse Manager for Routing, Fleet management Inventory Management, Customer Service and Settlements
- Installs financial and operational controls to minimize risk, and assure consistent reporting of operational performance.
- Ability to Benchmark internal operations / develop Metrics
- Must be able to model.
- Must understand business law, service agreements and union agreements
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments & quality of work product required.
- This is a hands-on role / Must have presence and be able to make it happen
Education and Experience:
- A B.S. in Accounting is required with an MBA / CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years prior distribution experience a must
- Minimum of 3 years Corporate Controllership
- 5 years of food distribution / DSD experience preferred
- 5 years of risk management
- Knowledge of ERP and WMS systems and experience with implementing ERP systems.
- Level of proficiency in PC spreadsheets (PIVOT TABLES) and ERP/MRP systems
- Some knowledge of business law
- Must be multi-faceted and have ability to concentrate on a number of priorities at once.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills, high energy, initiative and creativity.
- This is a very hands-on position in a cost focused business.
- Strong Operations Orientation.
*LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
*SALARY COMMENSURATE BASED ON EXPERIENCE