Iberia Foods Corp., is a leading food and beverage distributor within the U.S. Hispanic and Caribbean markets. Our distribution company is looking for an Warehouse Shipping Supervisor. The Warehouse Shipping Supervisor will be expected to accomplish all tasks below using all company and industry standards as well as continual innovation on how to improve said processes.
- Ensure that all transfers and amazon orders are off of the floor for order staging
- Ensure that the floor/warehouse is physically kept clean.
- Ensure that there is constant replenishment so product is picked.
- Reviewing products that were cut the night before, investigate why and locate cut product
- Daily list will be given of select items, this is one of the primary tasks that will be done.
- Items that are cut should be located as previously mentioned.
- Ensure that special pack is keeping up with Amazon demand
- Create KPI on timing of special packs and repack processes.
- Ensure that all product that was returned that day is put back to stock efficiently to return area is clean.
- Record the number of pallets that are loaded every day
- Audit and record the number of pallets that are returned by the drivers.
- Report pallet log to finance.
- Review checker and picker productivity daily
- If a checker or picker is underperforming they need to be coached, spoken to and reported to upper management.
- Ensure best practices within the Shipping department.
- Continual loading
- Stage missing orders picked in the AM with completed routes as soon as possible.
- Mark orders picked in the AM as soon as routes are completed (stop # and store written on pallet)
- Constantly look for ways to improve the process. (Report ideas to upper management and implement if agreed upon).
- Ensure safety of warehouse personnel (belts are being worn, steel toe boots, honking when turning a corner, COVID/CDC protocols being implemented, general warehouse safety).
- Walk floor to ensure proper workflow / no slackers / no theft.
- DOT file updated for trucks for Miami, Orlando and Atlanta.
- Record and update files as needed.
- Document any infractions / incidents according to DOT.
- Ensure the maintenance and schedules of handling equipment is done.
- Repair logs for all jacks, forklifts and trucks are done
- Ensure that all equipment is properly watered weekly and on a consistent PM schedule (4X per year)
- Ensure all equipment is charged before closing so the morning shift can use upon arrival.
- Learn everything Ray does from checking, bulk orders to picking special cases (ackee), to loading, in the event we need vacation coverage.
Experience / Skills:
- Proven work experience as a warehouse shipping supervisor.
- Cycle counting / order checking
- Knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Versatile with Excel through Pivot Tables.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff.
- Must be experienced in all warehousing type equipment.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits, including medical and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacations & Holidays
Schedule: Sunday – Thursday 3pm to closing.