1. Place the fish pieces in a large bowl and cot with garlic, lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Keep the mix in the refrigerator.
2. Heat a large pan on medium-low, add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and cook all the remaining vegetables, except cilantro, for 7 minutes, avoid tenderness.
3. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes longer if needed, until the bell pepper begins to soften. Stir in the chopped cilantro.
4. Layer vegetables with fish, add coconut milk. With a large spoon, remove half of the vegetables, spread the remaining vegetables over the bottom of the pan to create a bed for the fish, arrange the fish pieces on the vegetables, add salt and pepper. Then put previous vegetables right back in covering the fish and pour the coconut milk over the fish and vegetables.
5. Bring soup to a simmer, reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
6. Feel free to add more salt, lemon juice, and spices to get the soup to desired taste.
7. Serve with white rice and garnish with cilantro